2018-1

Week one in the new year! It’s been raining and storming here in Amsterdam this week, not the best conditions for my new (not weather-sealed) lens but here are some shots taken from under my umbrella-

‘ A tree stag beetle’

1. Beautiful shots, Camilla. I love the softness of the backgrounds and the wonderful shades of green in the images. I have done some shooting under an umbrella and appreciate what a challenge it is to capture images in that way.

January 6, 2018 at 12:34 PM

• Thanks Mike! It turns out this lens doesn’t perform that well in automatic/semi-automatic mode, so to make all settings and focus manually is indeed a bit of a challenge in these conditions! I wonder how or if I’ll manage to capture bugs later in the year.

January 6, 2018 at 12:50 PM

• That is a real challenge. I don;t mind focusing manually, but setting f/stop and shutter speed manually could be a bit of a challenge. You might as well be shooting film. ๐Ÿ™‚

January 6, 2018 at 1:06 PM

• Hopefully I can use AF when shooting moving bugs in better light! Otherwise thereโ€™ll be a lot of flower photographs on this blog in the summer..

January 6, 2018 at 1:28 PM

2. Oh, I do wish I could afford weatherproof lenses! So hard to do things holding an umbrella!

January 6, 2018 at 1:41 PM

• Yes it is, especially when itโ€™s super windy as well! Typical January weather here!

January 7, 2018 at 9:21 AM

3. Ah, now I see why you were so excited to get your new lens! Wow what beautiful shots and colours. You are going to have some fun especially when you can use two hands. Looking forward to the results ๐Ÿ˜Š

January 6, 2018 at 4:56 PM

• Thanks Tony! I also look forward to future results ๐Ÿ™‚ And I will try to post them once a week in 2018!

January 7, 2018 at 9:23 AM

4. Beautiful

January 7, 2018 at 11:43 AM

5. Well, it’s really good to see that the weather isn’t stopping you getting out and taking photographs! Well done.
    Lovely images, as always! ๐Ÿ™‚

January 7, 2018 at 2:47 PM

• Thanks so much, John! Weather forecast for the coming week looks good but alas, Iโ€™ll be spending most of it at the office. Already looking forward to next weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

January 7, 2018 at 3:18 PM

6. I love that you have the talent to capture such beauty in nature, even in the smallest of things and under an umbrella, no less. ๐Ÿ™‚

January 10, 2018 at 6:47 PM

• Thanks so much! ๐Ÿ™‚ I admire your pictures a lot! You make everything look so delicious.

January 10, 2018 at 7:17 PM