2018-7

Not much to photograph during today’s walk, besides some more flowers! As you can see, it was a lovely sunny Sunday here in Amsterdam today πŸ™‚

Snowdrop (Galanthus nivalis)

Winter aconite (Eranthis hyemalis)

Crocus (Crocus sativus)

1. superrrrr

February 18, 2018 at 4:13 PM

2. Less is more, as they say. Beautiful pictures, my favourite is the crocus.

February 18, 2018 at 5:43 PM

3. A great way to begin Sunday in Vancouver – enjoying the sun on my side of the world, too! Spring is almost here!

February 18, 2018 at 6:08 PM

• Yes, at least it feels that way on sunny days like today! πŸ™‚ Have a nice day you too, Rebecca!

February 18, 2018 at 7:00 PM

4. Very nice here too Camilla, even managed to get some gardening done, turning cold at the weekend again though. Hurry up spring!

February 18, 2018 at 7:14 PM

• I wish I had a garden too! Must be great to have birds and small critters so close πŸ™‚ Yes, come on Spring!

February 18, 2018 at 7:17 PM

• Absolutely, we live right in the countryside so loads of wildlife. Yet my wife wants to move to our nearest town, have been here 28yrs ;-(

February 18, 2018 at 7:26 PM

• There are pros and cons to everything πŸ™‚ I love living in the city but sometimes I really miss the countyside too!

February 18, 2018 at 8:05 PM

5. These are beautiful! Lovely clear shots, all the backgrounds nicely out of focus.
    And not a speck of dirt πŸ™‚ Wonderful!

February 19, 2018 at 9:50 AM

• Thanks so much, John! I experimented a bit with flash + diffuser, I’m quite pleased how it worked out. And no distracting dirt this time! πŸ™‚

February 19, 2018 at 10:33 AM

• Well, your handling of the flash is spot on ( if you will excuse the pun! ) I’m more than happy with flash in a studio, controlled environment- but outdoors having to combine it with the ambient light I find tricky! What sort of diffuser did you use?
        Anyway , great job! 😎

February 19, 2018 at 10:40 AM

• Thanks again, John! I don’t have a proper diffuser yet so I used a plastic food box. It was okay, but sometimes a bit tricky to hold the box in one hand and the camera in the other, i.e. trying to hold two hands still at the same time πŸ™‚

February 19, 2018 at 10:57 AM

6. Not much to photograph? These are positively glowing with beauty! I love the background color in the crocus photograph – just gorgeous!

February 19, 2018 at 11:36 PM

• Thanks so much, Lynn! I’m playing around with my new lens, trying to get a nice bokeh. As you know, the background is everything! (Almost, anyway) πŸ™‚

February 20, 2018 at 7:14 AM

• I came back for another look….so nice! It’s fun to play with those closeups, isn’t it, and with spring and summer coming, it’s only going to get better.

February 26, 2018 at 5:44 PM

• Closeup photography has totally changed the way I look at things! πŸ™‚

February 26, 2018 at 8:27 PM

7. Beautiful! The colours are so nice especially the bottom. Thanks for bringing a bit of spring cheer!

February 21, 2018 at 4:24 AM

• Thanks so much, Tony! πŸ™‚ It’s not yet spring but days are getting noticeably longer and brighter, super nice!

February 21, 2018 at 8:00 AM

8. Very beautiful! Like a painting!

April 18, 2018 at 2:42 PM